When it comes to the world of online advertising, one tool stands out above the rest: Google Ads. But did you know that it can also help boost your offline sales? That’s right, it’s not just about clicks and online purchases.
By fine-tuning your strategies, you can use Google Ads to drive customers to your brick-and-mortar stores. Our team is here to help you perfect your paid search strategy and grow your bottom line.
Here are some ways you can optimize Google Ads to boost offline sales.
Track Offline Conversions
Tracking offline conversions in Google Ads is a crucial step in understanding consumer behavior and increasing offline sales. This feature allows you to record sales that start online – perhaps with a search or an ad click – but end in a physical store or on a phone call.
The tracking process involves three simple steps:
- Create a Conversion Action: In your Google Ads account, set up a new ‘offline conversion’ action. This tells Google to track when online interactions lead to offline results.
- Import Conversion Data: You can manually input conversion data into Google Ads or connect a system you already use, like a CRM, to automate the process.
- Evaluate and Adjust: Analyze the data Google provides. Look for patterns and use these insights to adjust your strategy, ensuring your ads consistently lead to offline sales.
With this feature, you can better understand the impact of your campaigns and optimize them for greater success. Our team can use this data to improve your paid search strategy and drive more traffic to your storefront.
Set Up Campaigns for Offline Conversions
Setting up your Google Ads campaigns for offline conversions is like creating a roadmap that leads your customers straight to your door. It’s all about tweaking and tailoring your online ads to encourage people to step away from their screens and step into your store.
Instead of focusing on clicks or online sales, you aim to get customers in your shop, where they can see your products up close, interact with your staff, and make purchases in person.
Remember, it’s not just about casting the net wide; it’s about casting it in the right place. Use location targeting to show your ads to customers near your store. Also, include your address or a click-to-call phone number in your ad to make it easy for customers to find you or get in touch. Finally, tailor ad schedules to match your store hours so you’re driving traffic when your store is open.
Doing all this helps bridge the gap between the digital and physical worlds, turning online curiosity into offline sales.
Use Call Tracking
Call tracking can be a game changer when it comes to understanding offline conversions. How does it work? It’s simple. By assigning unique phone numbers to your Google Ads, you can track how many calls are generated by specific campaigns.
This way, when someone dials the number in your ad, you know your online presence led to that offline interaction. This tactic allows you to count phone calls as conversions in Google Ads, giving you a complete picture of how your online advertising affects offline sales.
Use Location Extensions
Location extensions can be your secret weapon in boosting offline sales using Google Ads. Simply put, location extensions are little add-ons that show your store’s address, a map of your location, or the distance to your business right alongside your advertisement.
This makes it easier for customers searching for your products or services to find their way to your physical store.
Here’s how to make the most of this feature:
- Turn on Location Extensions: First things first, you have to enable Location Extensions in your Google Ads account. This is the only way Google Ads can show your business location alongside your ads.
- Update Your Business Information: Make sure all your business information, especially your store address, is accurate and up-to-date. The last thing you want is customers getting lost because of outdated info!
- Monitor Performance: Keep an eye on how your ads with Location Extensions are performing. If you notice more people are clicking through and visiting your store, it’s a clear sign that Location Extensions are working in your favor.
Remember, location extensions are all about helping customers find you. So, make it easy for them, and they’ll knock on your door in no time!
Leverage Customer Match
Customer match is a handy feature that Google Ads provides to help you reach your offline customers while they’re online. Here’s how it works. You upload a list of contact details from your offline customers to Google Ads. Google then matches these details with its users.
This way, when your customers are online – maybe checking email or – they’ll see your ads! It’s like having a digital megaphone to remind your offline customers about your store when they’re surfing the net.
To use customer match, follow these steps:
- Upload Your Data: Gather your offline customers’ contact data (with their permission, of course) and upload it to Google Ads.
- Let Google Do the Matching: Google will work its magic and match your data with its users.
- Create a Campaign: Design an ad campaign specifically for this audience. Highlight your in-store products or upcoming sales to lure them back to your shop.
A gentle online nudge from you might be all they need to make another visit to your store.
Use Dayparting to Your Advantage
Dayparting is another straightforward way to connect your online Google Ads strategy with offline sales. What is dayparting? Well, it’s simply the process of adjusting when your ads appear based on the hours of the day. You schedule your ads to pop up online when your store is open or during peak sales times.
Think about it, there’s no point in running ads when your store is closed, right? It’s like shouting about a great deal in an empty room. So, save your ad budget for when customers can visit your store.
The same goes for your busiest times. If you know your store is a hive of activity on Saturday mornings, then that’s a perfect time to have your ads out there, sparking interest and driving traffic to your store.
By making smart use of dayparting, you can make sure your Google Ads and your store opening hours are working together like a well-oiled machine, ramping up your offline sales.
Test Different Ad Formats
Switching up your ad formats can be a fun and effective way to boost offline sales. Different types of ads appeal to different kinds of people. So, don’t be scared to mix things up and find out what works best.
Here’s how to do it:
- Try Out Text Ads: Start with basic text ads. They’re easy to make and can be effective. Remember to keep your message straight to the point and include a clear call to action.
- Experiment With Image Ads: An image is worth a thousand words, right? Test out image ads to catch people’s eyes. Use bold colors and clear images that represent your store or product.
- Test Video Ads: Videos can be super engaging! Use them to show off your products or sneak peek inside your store. You might be surprised at the response you get.
- Play Around With Responsive Ads: These ads automatically adjust their size, appearance, and format to fit available ad spaces. They can be a great way to reach more customers.
The goal is to attract customers to your physical store, so make sure your ads are eye-catching and compelling. So, keep tweaking and testing until you find the right formula for success.
Create Compelling CTAs
Another effective way to boost offline sales using Google Ads is to craft compelling calls to action or CTAs for short. A CTA is more than just a button on your ad – it’s a prompt for your audience to do something, to act. And when applied effectively, it can be a magnet for offline conversions.
To create a compelling CTA, you need to keep it clear and concise. Use action words like “visit,” “shop,” or “call” to encourage customers to take that final step toward your physical store. Also, make sure your CTA stands out visually, using bold text or contrasting colors. And lastly, don’t forget to mention any promotions or discounts in your CTA – people love a good deal!
With a strong CTA, you can drive more traffic to your store and increase offline sales through Google Ads. Keep testing and refining your CTAs until you find the perfect formula for success.
Our Team Can Optimize Your Google Ads Campaign
Do you need help optimizing your Google Ads campaign? If so, our team is here to assist. With our help, you can boost offline sales in no time.